If a big storm is on the horizon, there’s always the chance that you may lose power (hopefully for not too long)! Here are a few tips to help you prepare.
- Charge all communications equipment – cell phones, laptops, tablets, etc.
- Stock up on bags of ice to preserve perishable food.
- Withdraw cash and gas up your car; power outages could leave you unable to access these essentials.
- Clear your storm drains of any debris that could clog and back up rainwater (or melted snow).
- If you have a generator, review manufacturer’s instructions on how to use it safely. Make sure you have enough fuel!